Why Choose HypnoBirthing®?
What if labour really doesn't have to be scary or painful? Isn't it time to find out?
The HypnoBirthing® Difference...Not Just Your Average Childbirth Education Class...
What you'll learn through HypnoBirthing is how you can confidently approach a safer, easier and more comfortable birthing experience.
Putting Health of Mom and Baby First
Parenting starts long before your baby is born. If you are reading this, you are exploring various approaches to your baby's birth. As you continue to research, you will undoubtedly come upon information about how the way we birth affects the health and well being of both mother and baby. There are countless benefits to having a calm birth, whether you choose to do so in hospital or at home.
Birth Without Fear
HypnoBirthing is becoming increasingly popular as more and more people enjoy gentle, relaxed birthing without fear. Learn practical techniques for letting go of fear due to past experiences or preconceptions about birth. This course will help you to let go of any anxious thoughts you may have regarding the birth of your baby(ies).
Perfect for Any Setting
This approach is perfectly suited to hospital and home birth settings and can benefit you whether you plan to birth with an obstetritian, midwife, doula or combination of care providers.
You and your birth companion will learn real, practical techniques that will help you to feel empowered and relaxed during your birthing experience. HypnoBirthing is an incredibly helpful approach and focuses on mothers and their birth companions working together towards a beautiful and gentle birth experience for their little one(s). Expereince the HypnoBirthing difference for yourself!
Who Does HypnoBirthing® Benefit?
Learn practical breathing techniques
Learn how to reduce the need for pain medication
Learn a simple massage technique that could reduce the need for an episiotomy
Learn how to be confident and informed when interacting with care providers/medical staff during birth
Learn how to release any fears about childbirth
Learn how to encourage the start of labour with simple, natural techniques
Become empowered by knowing how to relax and stay calm and in control of their birthing experience- regardless of what's happening around them
Experience significantly shorter births
Experience signficantly fewer surgical births
Report a high number of comfortable, natural births with no technological assistance
- Report feeling energized and in good spirits following births that are calm and gentle
- Learn the techniques once for their current birth, but then use them again for subsequent births
- Learn HypnoBirthing techniques which work very effectively in all settings
- Many women (and their birth companions) report using HypnoBirthing techniques to help calm and relax themselves any time they feel stressed... even after their babies are born
- HpnoBirthing shows a high rate of success in assisting breech-presented babies to turn into appropriate birthing position with the use of posture and hypnosis (in a study done at the University of Vermont of 100 women at 37 to 40 weeks, there was a 81% success rate with hypnosis)
- Gain confidence and get to play an integral role in the birthing process, instead of being a helpless onlooker
- Help the birthing mother in practical ways and support her with the techniques learned so that she can stay relaxed and calm
Feelempowered and proud to have been able to help, and to have an active part of the birth
Experience strong bonding and connection with mom and baby
Learn relaxation strategies and techniques that they can apply to other aspects of their live
- There is ample research showing that gentle births benefit babies as they tend to be calmer, feed better, sleep better and experience less birthing trauma via interventions
- Research further shows that these babies tend to have higher Agpar scores (Apgar scores measure how well an infant is doing immediately after birth and again within 5 minutes of being born)
*Reference information from http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk